Monday, May 4, 2020

[Installation] Windows 10 on a 64-bit laptop with partition

Hello Techies,

I finally re-installed a fresh Windows10 OS on my new laptop - DELL - and I created a partition which I left to install Linux OS. So let's just dig in on the procedures. The process took me less than 1 hour.

1. Plug in the bootable USB flash drive - see post on how to make flash drive bootable
2. Power on the laptop and as soon as the brand logo appears, press on F12
Note: For DELL systems F12 key takes you to set up, depending on the brand model, different function keys are used.

 3.The system will boot from the USB and Windows10 installation begins.
4.Click on Install
5.Select 'Accept the licence terms' and click on Next
 6.Delete existing partitions
 7.Create new partitions and assign size to the partitions
 8.Windows Installation begins. It might take a few minutes
  

 Thank You!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment